Friday, October 26

Sonoran Desert Museum







A sign warns not to feed the coyotes.





Our first stop was the Sonoran Desert Museum where I saw lots of desert animals and native plants. We even hiked through part of the desert. I really wanted to see a chipmunk and that is the very FIRST thing we saw when we started our hike. It was really cute and it allowed us to get very close to it. I learned a lot about the cactus and succulents that grow in a desert. I also learned about many different animals. I liked the javelinas and the coyotes. I even had some prickly pear lemonade which is made from Prickly Pear Cactus juice.

Top : "Look how tall the Saguaro grows." Middle: the chipmunk we saw on our hike. Bottom: A coyote rests under a tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brianna--I've been to that museum; my favorites were the javelinas!

Richard